Beijing offers 72-hour visa-free transit for foreign visitors with third-country visas and transit at Beijing.
Foreign visitors, who hold passports issued by the countries on the 72-hour Visa-free Transit Policy List and stay in Beijing for transit for up to 72 hours, could apply for a visa-free transit stay in China at the immigration inspection authority at Beijing Capital International Airport. This policy is only applicable for foreign visitors who enter into, stay in and leave from Beijing.
According to the regulations of Ministry of Public Security of the People's Republic of China, foreign visitors who meet ALL the following requirements could apply for the visa-free transit:
Holding passports issued by the following listed 51 countries,
Holding valid international travel documents,
Qualified for the entry requirements of their third destination country,
Holding valid airline tickets with 72-hour validation and making transit through Beijing Capital International Airport to the third country
72-hour Visa-free Transit Policy is valid for passport holders from the following countries:
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Russia, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine, Serbia , Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Macedonia, Albania, the United States, Canada, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Japan, Singapore, Brunei, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar
According to the policy, foreign visitors from the listed countries who plan to apply for 72-hour visa-free transit stay must hold a valid airline ticket bought before they enter into China.
Beijing Capital International Airport is the ONLY entry-exit port in Beijing applicable for the 72-hour visa-free transit policy.
The policy is only applicable for foreign tourists who take transit in China and leave to the third country.
72-hour visa-free transit foreign visitors are not permitted to leave Beijing to other Chinese cities during their 72-hour visa-free stay. Visitors who have to leave Beijing to other Chinese cities due to force majeure must apply for visas at Beijing Public Security Bureau.
72-hour visa-free transit foreign visitors who have to stay for more than 72 hours due to force majeure must apply for visas at Beijing Public Security Bureau.
72-hour visa-free transit foreign visitors are not permitted to leave the city where they get their visa-free transit stay permission.
You may call the 24-hour hotline of Beijing Immigration Inspection through the number of 56095400, or log on their official website www.bjbj.gov for more information.
- (1) Transit passengers are not permitted to take any goods prohibited by the People's Republic of China.
- (2) According to the No.72 regulations issued in 2007 by the General Administration of Customs of the People's Republic of China, tourists must declare all required items.
- (3) Tourists should comply with the provisions of General Administration of Customs about transit passengers' baggage inspection.
Transit passengers, who leave the customs surveillance zone in the period of transit limitation, would be treated as regular short-term entry-exit non-resident passengers. Transit passengers carrying baggage must be no more than necessities for traveling. Luggage for short-term multiple-entry transit passengers' personal uses include cameras, small video cameras, hand-held camcorder, a laptop computer, and special needs approved by the Customs. Within the provisions, the articles may be temporarily released free of duty. Transit travelers must exit with bringing the original items. Items left in China and worth over 2000 RMB would be levied import duty by the Customs. Alcohol, tobacco, and other 20 kinds of commodities are transacted by other relevant regulations. Items out of regulations are not allowed to entry and would be kept by the Customs, which will be returned to visitors from the original ports.
Transit visitors are not permitted to bring animals, plants and their products on the Catalogue of Animal and Plants, and Animal and Plant Products Prohibited from being Carried or Posted into the People's Republic of China, and must comply with the Law of the People's Republic of China on the Entry and Exit Animal and Plant Quarantine.
- (1) Foreign visitors who stay at places other than hotels must register at the local police station within 24 hours of their arrival.
- (2) 72-hour visa-free transit foreign visitors are not permitted to leave Beijing to other Chinese cities during the 72 hours, and have to depart from Beijing.
- (3) Foreign visitors must carry valid passports and certifications during their stay.
- (4) Foreign visitors may call 110 for emergency.
- (5) Due to force majeure, 72-hour visa-free transit foreign visitors who stay in China for over 72 hours must apply for visas at Entry Management Office at Beijing Public Security Bureau.
- (6) Address: No. 2 East Street, Dongcheng District, Beijing