Personal Information Collection Statement
Online Booking Services
Collection and Use of Personal Data
We request information in several areas of our website, including but not limited to, when you:
- use the services of www.chinaticketonline.com;
- buy train ticket, flight tickets and travel products online;
- submit enquiries and feedback forms;
- participate in our marketing programmes and contests.
Purposes of collection
The personal data we collect from you will be used to assist us in providing the relevant services, including processing your transaction and verification of your identity. In addition, we may use the personal data for internal statistical research and analysis, and for marketing purposes. However, if you desire to opt-out from receiving any marketing materials from us, you can choose that option when filling in the registration form, or subsequently unsubscribe to these services by updating your profile or contacting our customer service department.
Cookies and Log files
Data and Payment Security
We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol (an industry standard for encryption over the Internet) to protect personal data while in transit over the Internet. The website also has a firewall in place, which protects the personal data against unauthorized or accidental access. However, it is possible that others may obtain access to the information you are sending. We are not responsible in any manner for direct, indirect, special or consequential damages howsoever caused, including but not limited to negligence, arising out of any communication of information to us. As a protection measure, we strongly advise you not to disclose your Order ID and email address to any third parties.
We will not transfer or disclose your personal data to any third party except with your prior consent, or as required by law, or except:
(1) to any person, agent, adviser, auditor, contractor or service provider who provides services or advice to us in connection with our operations insofar as required to enable us to provide, or assist us in providing, the services to you;
(2) to our communications and operations partners with whom we share information for the purpose of providing you with updates and information (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing materials and email updates); or
(3) to any part of our corporate group or any actual or prospective:
(i) transferee of all or part of our business;
(ii) merger partner; or
(iii) purchaser of Chinaticketonline or any part of our corporate group.
Data Access and Correction
You have the right to request access to and correction of personal data about you held by us. You may do so by accessing the relevant pages and send change request. You may also present your enquiry or request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We have the right to, and may, charge a reasonable fee for processing a data access request.
To contact us
If you have any enquiries or comments concerning our privacy and security matters, please feel free to contact our customer service department by sending an email to email@example.com.