1. Booking Cut-off Time
2. Advanced Booking Period
3. Price and Fees
- The price is quoted in US dollars. The service fee and tax are included.
- The transaction fee is 3.5% of total amount. The transaction fee is non-refundable under any circumstances. The fee is subject to change according to the rate of payment company.
- Passengers aged 10 and above require an adult ticket.
- Passengers aged 5 to 9 require a child ticket.
- A child under the age of 5 and accompanied by an adult with a valid ticket may travel for free provided that the child does not occupy a seat/sleeper.
4. Ticket class
- Deluxe soft sleeper: A compartment for two people only with indoor toilet
- Soft sleeper: A compartment for four people
- Hard sleeper: a compartment for six people without door
- Premium class: Luxury coach seat ticket for Guangdong Line
- 1st class: coach seat ticket for Guangdong Line
5. Ticket Refund Rule
- Passengers may request a refund for unused train tickets at least 24 hours before train departure. The unused paper tickets should arrive at our office or representative at least 24 hours before the train leaves.
- The service fee and transaction fee are non-refundable.
- Ticket refund must be made within office hours. Late requests will not be handled. The scale of ticket refund is listed below:
- Special rule for Southbound ticket from Guangzhou East to Hung Hom: The ticket which is set to be collected at Guangzhou East Station office cannot be canceled or altered at any circumstances once confirmed.
High speed trains running between Hong Kong and cities in China mainland (Tickets issued in Hong Kong through MTR)
- Refunds cannot be processed via ticket machines, online ticketing and tele-ticketing. Please collect your tickets at the ticketing counters at the Hong Kong West Kowloon Station before processing a refund.
6. Ticket Alteration Rule
- No alteration can be made to the destination.
- No alteration can be made to the class Guangdong line's ticket.
- Ticket alteration must be made at the issuing office.
- Alteration to northbound tickets of Guangdong, Beijing and Shanghai Line must be made 24 hour before train departure.
- Alteration to southbound tickets of Guangdong Line must be made at least 24 hours before train departure. (Special rule for Southbound ticket from Guangzhou East to Hung Hom: The ticket which is set to be collected at Guangzhou East Station office cannot be canceled or altered at any circumstances once confirmed.)
- Alteration to southbound tickets of Beijing/Shanghai Line must be made at least 3 days before train departure.
- Only one alteration will be allowed for a ticket.
- Altered tickets are non-refundable.
- For late alteration, please contact our travel consultant first. Call us if it is urgent alteration request made less than 48 hours before the departure.
- The paper ticket need to be sent back to our office for alteration.
7. Information for Passengers Using e-Ticketing
- Hong Kong: Passengers are required to collect tickets in person at Hung Hom railway station office presenting the voucher and valid travel document.
- Guangzhou: Passengers are required to collect tickets in person at Guangzhou East railway station office presenting the voucher and valid travel document. The counter opens between 7:30am and 6:00pm daily.
- Beijing/Shanghai: e-Ticketing service not available.
- The voucher will be sent by email as a PDF document
- Please be at railway station at least 45 minutes before the departure time to exchange your tickets.
8. Paper Ticket Delivery
- Hotel delivery in China mainland costs $5. Please specify your hotel name, address, telephone, check-in date and guest name and we will have the tickets sent to your hotel under the guest name.
- Delivery to remote area in China mainland may cost extra.
- Delivery to Hong Kong costs USD10 extra. No delivery service to remote islands.
- Please ask our travel consultant for international shipping cost.
9. Immigration & Checking in
- Immigration formalities are conducted at the departure or arrival station.
- To avoid any delay, please arrive at the departure station earlier for exit formalities
10. Luggage Allowance
- The maximum weight of luggage (excluding folding wheelchairs for the disabled) that can be carried by passengers free of charge is specified below:
Adult 20 kg;
Child 10 kg;
The sum of the length, width and height of each item of hand-carried luggage should not exceed 160 cm. Any item of luggage that exceeds the specified weight or dimension shall be consigned.
- If over-weight or over-sized articles are found in the passenger compartment of any train, they may continue to be carried therein to the destination station; if the article is over-weight, a conveyance charge double that for a parcel shall be payable for the over-weight portion; if the article is over-sized, a conveyance charge double that for a parcel shall be payable for the total weight of the article. Articles that are both over-weight and over-sized shall be treated as over-sized. A supplementary ticket shall be issued.
11. List of Prohibited Items
These items are strictly prohibited in trains, stations or anywhere else on railway premises.
The range of prohibited items is extensive and is not limited to these items
China Railway has the absolute authority and at its sole discretion to refuse permission flammable/ toxic/ corrosive items whether or not they are listed above.
- Please read carefully the Terms and Conditions before submitting the booking. If you make a reservation for others, you are responsible for informing the passengers every detail regarding the booking. Once reservation is completed, changes or cancellations are not allowed.
- Booking is non-refundable and non-transferable. Review the booking to make sure the names, dates and other details are correct.
- For some products, you may require to redeem the official tickets at a designated location. Please reserve enough time for ticket redemption. No-show is not a reason for refund.
- Seats are randomly arranged by the computer. Changes or cancellations are not allowed after submitting the booking.
- In case of typhoon or other severe weather conditions, product suppliers may cancel or re-schedule your trip. We will try our best to inform passengers of those changes. When the suppliers charge a cancel or change fee in accordance with their own policies, the cost will be passed on to you.