The largest underground train station in the world
The brand new Hong Kong West Kowloon Station opened to the public on 23 September 2018. When fully operational, it is the largest and busiest underground train stations in the world.
Serving as a new gateway to Mainland China, the southern terminus of the Guangzhou-Shenzhen-Hong Kong High-speed Rail Link, Hong Kong West Kowloon Station connects you from Hong Kong to 61 Mainland stations without interchange.
Designed by Andrew Bromberg of Aedas, in collaboration with Aecom, Hong Kong West Kowloon Station is more akin to an airport than a mere underground train station. Handling passengers through border controls, the approximate 400,000 square meters of usable floor area ensures that the flow of the passengers is as smooth as possible.
Hong Kong West Kowloon Station is conveniently located next to the West Kowloon Cultural District. Its unique architecture and beautiful landscape make it a new hotspot for visits and photos.
- The giant curtain wall comprises over 4,000 irregular glass panels to maximize daylight and conserve energy.
- The curved ceiling is made of over 8,000 tonnes of steel which is almost the weight of the Eiffel Tower.
- The spectacular structure of the station is supported by nine sets of massive columns of different heights. The tallest one rises 45m in height from Level B3 up to the curved ceiling.
- There are 3 hectares of public space outside the station including the Green Plaza and Sky Corridor. You can enjoy the stunning views of the Victoria Harbour by walking along the Sky Corridor to the rooftop of the station.
- Creative artworks in the station enrich your journey.
Station service hours: 6:00 am - 12:00 midnight
How to get to Hong Kong West Kowloon Station?
Hong Kong West Kowloon Station provides direct access to the MTR Austin Station and Kowloon Station via the overhead bridge or pedestrian tunnel, facilitating a seamless transfer on the MTR.
by Airport Express：
From Hong Kong International Airport, take Airport Express and get off at Kowloon Station. The ticket costs 105HKD.
Taxi passengers going to Hong Kong West Kowloon Station can get off at the Station's Level B1. Passengers who wish to take a taxi should go to Level B2 where the taxi stand with queueing facility is located.
- Franchised Bus: There are over 40 franchised bus routes serving the West Kowloon Station Bus Terminus, the Kowloon Station Public Transport Interchange, Canton Road and Jordan Road.
Green Minibuses: Currently, there are a few green minibus routes that stop over Hong Kong West Kowloon Station and surrounding areas.
Non-franchised Bus: Non-franchised buses may make use of the lay-by at Wui Man Road for passenger drop-off / pick-up. Parking spaces are available near West Kowloon Station Bus Terminus.
Hong Kong West Kowloon Station Layout
L1 Foot Bridge
L2 Sky Corridor, Sightseeing Deck
B1 Ticketing Concourse/Departures
B3 Departure Concourse
Bus Terminus Rooftop Garden
Facilities of Hong Kong West Kowloon Station
Staff at the Information Counter at Level B1 will provide passengers with information on station facilities and will answer general enquiries. Information leaflets about the Station, the Vibrant Express and ticketing are also available.
Counters providing ticketing services are available at Levels B1, B2 and B3.
Free Wi-Fi access is available in Hong Kong West Kowloon Station. Enjoy free Wi-Fi service by connecting to "MTR Free Wi-Fi" using an internet enabled smart phone / computer and stay connected with the world.
- The use of the free MTR Wi-Fi service by each eligible Wi-Fi device is limited to a maximum of 4 sessions of 30 minutes each per day (from 00:00 – 23:59). A fresh session will start with every new connection. If the connection is disconnected and restarted, it will count as a new session.
- First set the network name (SSID) to “MTR Free Wi-Fi”. You will be redirected to the MTR Free Wi-Fi Service login page automatically. Click the “Agree and connect” button after you have read and agreed to the Terms of Service. You can now enjoy the free Wi-Fi service.
- Some mobile headsets will auto-switch from Wi-Fi to mobile data connectivity under certain circumstances. To avoid auto-switch to mobile data connectivity, you could consider switching off the data function when using the Wi-Fi service.
- The free MTR Wi-Fi service is provided by TraxComm Limited. TraxComm Limited is responsible for the quality of service provided. All users are subject to the Terms & Conditions of TraxComm Limited listed on the first page when you access the Wi-Fi service.
Passengers who have lost items in Hong Kong West Kowloon Station should contact or visit the Lost Property Office which provides lost item reporting, enquiries, storage of lost property and collection services.
The Lost Property Office is located at Level B1 and is open from 08:00 to 20:00 daily, or you may call (+852) 2861 0020 for assistance.
A left baggage service and baggage lockers are available at shop number G-2, located at Ground level near Exit B.
Mobile Charging Facilities for personal electronic devices are available at Levels G, B1, B2 and B3. Please follow signs or check the Station Layout Map for locations.
Different types of charging sockets are provided. However, in accordance with Hong Kong's statutory safety specification, 3-rectangular-pin 13A plugs must be used. Passengers may use their own adapters if they comply with this safety specification. All charging facilities also provide USB sockets.
Located on Level B2, same floor as the Arrival Hall, Tourist Services offers you a variety of MTR and High Speed Rail Souvenirs. Welcome to Tourist Services to obtain a wealth of information related to MTR and travel, which could help plan your journey.
Address: Shop B2-13, Level B2, Hong Kong West Kowloon Station
The following passengers can use the Priority Lane at the Ticketing Concourse (Level B1) to enjoy a smoother process of real-name checking/ticket verification, luggage and security check:
- First Class, Premium Class and Business Class passengers
- Passengers in special needs (elderly, wheelchair users and passengers travelling with babies or children)
Business Class, Premium Class and First Class passengers can access The Lounge from Level B3 and enjoy a relaxed waiting environment.
Male and female toilets are available at every level of Hong Kong West Kowloon Station. In addition, accessible toilets are also available for passengers with special needs.
For location of the toilets, please check the map for each level or visit the Information Counter.
Babycare Rooms are located at B1 (3), B2 (4) and B3 (5). We clean and sanitize the babycare rooms regularly to ensure that they remain hygienic.
For location of the babycare rooms, please check the map for each level or visit the Information Counter.
Water dispensers are available at Level B3 Departure Concourse for passengers to use.
The Station is equipped with Automated External Defibrillators (AED) for staff or passenger use in an emergency.
According to MTR By-laws, smoking is prohibited inside Hong Kong West Kowloon Station. Passengers can only smoke inside the designated smoking room, which is located at Level B3 waiting concourse near ticket gate 8 (near 8-16 cars).
Station car park is located at B2 level of the station. Discount scheme is available for High Speed Rail "Park and Ride" users.Parking Rate:Normal: $32 / hourHigh Speed Rail Park & Ride: $100 / day (consecutive 24-hour basis from parking time)MTR Park & Ride: $17 / hourDay Parking: $130 (from 08:00 to 20:00)Night Parking: $100 (from 20:00 to 08:00)Payment Method: Octopus, VISA or MasterCard (Octopus only for MTR Park & Ride)
- The Green Plaza, Sky Corridor, Sightseeing Deck and Bus Terminus Rooftop Garden are open for public use
- Crowd management measures may be implemented during festivals or major events, or under any circumstances found necessary
- The Sky Corridor and Sightseeing Deck opening hours: 07:00-22:00 daily
- The Sky Corridor and Sightseeing Deck will be closed temporarily due to adverse weather conditions or operational needs without prior notice being given